Here at HCD, we take responsibility in protecting the health and safety of our clients, employees, participants, as well as the overall community very seriously. We are dedicated to providing quality in-person and remote research in a safe manner, while continuously monitoring the public health metrics of COVID-19.
Looking ahead as HCD transitions back to in-person research, we wanted to share the precautions we take regularly, as well as new considerations below implemented to align with the CDC’s guidelines for protection against COVID-19. The following are implemented to ensure the well-being of all:
- We will be conducting daily in-person or virtual health checks (e.g., symptoms and/or temperature screening) of employees before they enter facilities per CDC guidelines.
- Participants will also be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 or who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 (following CDC guidelines).
- We will be minimizing the number of people on site at facilities and will modify or adjust seating, furniture, and workstations to maintain social distancing of 6 feet between employees and participants. (CDC Guidelines)
- We will be routinely cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Following the Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting to develop, follow, and maintain a plan to perform regular cleanings to reduce the risk of people’s exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 on surfaces.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, printer/copiers, drinking fountains, and doorknobs.
- Biometric equipment will be cleaned thoroughly with disinfectant wipes after each use, disposable facial EMG sensors will be used to minimize shared equipment.
- Provide employees and participants with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), disposable wipes and other cleaning materials so that they can properly wipe down frequently touched surfaces before each use.
- Technician(s) will wear gloves (renewed between participants) and masks throughout the day.
- Masks and hand washing capabilities will be available to all employees and participants.
These regimens are being strictly enforced to mitigate the chance of spreading COVID-19. We are confident that employing these guidelines will help to maintain the health of all researchers and participants.
HCD is committed to keeping you informed of any relevant information the COVID-19 situation may bring to consumer and market research. We value our relationship with each of you and thank you for your flexibility as we navigate our new normal.
As always, we wish you well.